I must start by saying that I love all things Mac & Cheese, so I was ecstatic to test out Tastefully Simple’s Easy Baked Mac & Cheese Recipe.
The following ingredients are needed for this lovely creation:
- 12 oz. penne pasta, cooked as directed
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese (optional)
- 1 packet Garden Salsa Cheese Ball Mix
- 2 tsp. Onion Onion™ Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic Garlic Seasoning
- 1 cup diced ham <– I decided not to add ham
- ¼ cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter (optional)
- ½-1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
This is also a freezer meal recipe so you can all, but the last three ingredients and store in a freezer bag.
In a separate pan I combined all ingredients (minus the pasta and the last three ingredients). The smell was amazing!
I turned it on low heat to melt the various cheeses and mix all the seasonings together.
I think poured the pasta and the cheese mixture into an oven dish and topped with some more cheese and a little more pepper (I love pepper).
Next, you’ll cover it with aluminum foil and let it bake for 25 minutes or so. While my Mac & Cheese was baking I decided to make a colorful salad. I used fresh romaine lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, shredded coconut, pecans, and topped it with a super fruit vinaigrette. It turned out really yummy!
In addition, I combined the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and a little butter in a bowl to top off my Mac & Cheese and bake for another 10 minutes uncovered. The finished product…Mmmm Mmmm GOOD!
You can find this recipe, here. Enjoy!